The 9 Questions
Here are the 9 Questions (one for each inning of a baseball game) we asked our 100 World-Class umpire mentors (plus a bonus, extra-inning question):
What's the best thing about umpiring?
What's the worst thing about umpiring, or the worst thing that happened to you while umpiring?
What can I do to ensure a more consistent strike zone?
What's the most important thing an umpire can do to improve?
5. When you're having a bad game, what do you do to fix
6. What's the hardest thing for an umpire to learn?
7. What separates a good umpire from a great umpire?
8. What's your favorite umpire-related story?
9. What advice would you give to an umpire just starting
BONUS: What's your definition of game management
and why is it important?
What's your definition of game management and why is it important?